Flight PNR Status: PNR stands for Passenger Name Record. Once a new ticket is booked, PNR or booking reference number is automatically generated. It stores all the itinerary details like Name, Age, Seat No, Gender, Arrival Airport, Departure Airport, Timings, and Seat Details etc of an individual passenger or a group of passengers flying together through the airlines on that single ticket.
What significance does PNR play on a ticket booking?
In the airline and any such travel industries, a passenger name record (PNR) is actually a record in the database of a computer reservation system (CRS). It contains the itinerary details for a passenger or even a group of passengers who are travelling together. Everyday millions of people travel all around the world. To manage an easy and safe systematic travel system, PNR number is holding the huge responsibility of classifying the entire database.
What is basically a Flight PNR Status?
It is simple. When you make a booking, either you get a confirmed ticket or sometimes the status is under processing or may be when you cancel it, PNR Status gets cancelled. Hence for all kinds of online flight PNR status enquiry, you just need to type in your flight PNR status and you get everything about your booking.
Following are the most convenient ways to check your online Flight PNR Status:
- Go to the respective Airlines website through which you are flying.
- You may find a tab written “Check PNR Status”
- Click on the tab.
- It will ask for your PNR number.
- Some websites even ask for your name.
- Give the details and submit.
- It will track on real time with the airways computer reservation system.
- Hence, it will provide you with the correct details of your PNR itinerary.
Nowadays there are general websites also where you can type in any flight PNR number and they give you the status details without wandering through different websites.
Some important tips for frequent flyers which may ease their travel:
- Often business overrules your mind and hence it is good to carry a soft copy of your ticket in mobile. You can never go wrong with it.
- Always confirm the flight PNR status of your booking before leaving for the airport. There is a confirmed sign on the online ticket. Please make sure about that before you begin your travel.
- Keep your id proofs handy!
- If you are on international travel, go at least 3 hours’ prior for immigrations.
- Check on the allowed weight of luggage with the airlines. Every airline has their norms.
- You may perform online check-in 24 hours prior to travel time. This will make your travel easy and comfortable as you can choose your seat of your preference.
- Make a meal booking for yourself. You can select both vegetarian and non-veg. This will ensure you get your chosen meal on board.
These are some quick fixes which will be highly useful and make you a smart flyer always.
List of Domestic and International Airlines From India
|Domestic Airlines||International Airlines|
|Air India IC|